The health and safety of employees, contractors, visitors and the public, as well as our commitment to minimize our environmental footprint, is paramount to Sinopec Canada. The Company endeavours to conduct its operations in a manner that will ensure the safety of everyone involved in its operations through established health, safety and environment (HS&E) principles.
Sinopec Canada Health, Safety and Environment Principles
As defined in Sinopec Canada's policy, the Company's commitments to Health, Safety and the Environment are of utmost importance and reflect a core principle of the organization.
The following objectives form the basis of Sinopec Canada's Heath, Safety & Environment policies.
- Make efficient use of resources and minimize Sinopec Canada's environmental footprint. Make appropriate effort to conserve the environment and protect all individuals which are affected by Sinopec Canada's operations. Preserve the environment to the best of the Company's capabilities in the communities in which Sinopec Canada operates.
- Ensure HS&E risks are properly identified, assessed and controlled to minimize risks to the environment and the health and safety of all people.
- Provide direction and guidance through the integration of Sinopec Canada's HS&E management system throughout our operations.
- Ensure Crisis Management and Emergency Response Plans ("ERP") exist to ensure decisive and effective incident response. Be compliant with all applicable laws, regulations and industry standards.
- Ensure each employee, contractor and subcontractor is trained and competent in the skills needed to carry out their job functions. Every individual is accountable for the HS&E responsibilities associated with their job activities.
- Provide a safe and healthy working environment and expect Sinopec Canada's workforce to comply with the health and safety practices established for their protection and the protection of the public.
- When selecting third party services, ensure performance and expectations are defined, communicated and monitored.
- Ensure that all incidents are reported, investigated, documented and corrective actions are identified and implemented to prevent reoccurrences.
- Ensure that all HS&E documents are retained, protected and accessible and the document management program is adhered to.
- Regularly evaluate, monitor and measure Sinopec Canada's progress internally and externally with benchmarking tools to continually improve the Company's HS&E performance.
Health, Safety, and Environmental Policies
- is committed to protecting the health and safety of all individuals affected by the Company's operations.
- will ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, industry codes and safety standards.
- ensure that each contractor, service provider and employee understands their HS&E responsibilities, is trained and is monitored for compliance.
- must identify, assess and manage HS&E risks throughout the Company's operations.
- is committed to protecting the environment while contributing to the well being of the communities in areas the Company operates.
- will assess the potential effects of its projects and will incorporate protective measures into the planning process to minimize the industry footprint on the environment.
- is committed to open and honest dialog with all stakeholders.